We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Lewis-Traut & Ruswick, APC is a boutique estate, tax, and business law firm located in the South Coast Metro area. The Firm is currently seeking an associate-level attorney with 1-5 years of estate and/or business planning experience. The Firm’s estate planning, advanced estate planning, and corporate transactional practice is growing. We are seeking a motivated, hard-working, and entrepreneurial attorney to service new and existing clients and assist with further development of the Firm’s practice. The ideal applicant is a dynamic and solutions-oriented attorney who is eager to take on new challenges and contribute to the success of the Firm. The position offers competitive compensation and benefits and significant opportunity for growth.
- Develop and draft foundational estate planning documents, such as living trusts, wills, durable powers of attorney, and advance health care directives
- Work with senior attorneys on advanced estate tax and income tax planning matters
- Handle trust and estate administration matters
- Work with firm clients on all stages of entity formation and maintenance
- Advise clients and prepare documentation related to corporate governance, entity structuring, tax, and business succession issues
- Draft and review business contracts, corporate maintenance documents, and other business filings
- Meetings and correspondence with clients
- Assist with content writing and editing
- Business development, including networking regularly with other service professionals (i.e., CPAs and financial advisors)
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Active member in good standing of the California Bar
- 1-5 years of experience in estate and/or business law
- Ability to interact comfortably and professionally with clients and senior attorneys; Highly motived self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong drafting skills; exceptional interpersonal skills; highly collaborative and team-oriented
- Strong work ethic; excellent legal research and writing skills
- Commitment to professionalism and client service; excellent and ethical judgment; ownership mentality
- Strong commitment to detail and exceptional work product
- Strong decision-making and critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills, including Lexis or Westlaw, Excel, and Word
Qualified applicants should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who are selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample.